Monday, October 10, 2011

Tulle!!!


  Matrimony Monday::

   I love tulle! I had an abundance of it in the skirt of my own dress.  One thing I love about just a single (or possibly double) layer of tulle, is it adds a lovely halo around the skirt of your gown. It also makes for lovely straps or sleeves to add a new touch of style for a strapless gown.

   Tulle adds volume and flair appropriate to the day.  The only problem with this fabric is that it is fragile and tears easily.  I ripped my skirt at least three times the night of my wedding.  However, being learned in fabric manipulation, I laid out the hole on a table and evened it out by trimming the excess away.  Remember, your wedding is one day and you will probably never where your gown again. Yes, make it special, splurge on extravagance and design, but if you are reluctant for tulle because of its fragility, don't be! Tulle is great and if you make a hole or two during the night, it only means you danced just that hard, had a great time celebrating on your special day and looked fabulous doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment