Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fashion!

Thursday Threads: Fashion

  I am not much of a fashion designer, however, I do love fashion anyways.  I like to think I am fairly decent at picking out my clothing when I actually try (There are some days where I just don't really care).

   I set to looking about for blogs on fashion that might interest me.  Through Networked Blogs I found one that at actually inspired me to go shopping today.  This outfit is what did it. I really want this sweater in red.  Apparently though, red is not in fashion right now.  I had a hard time finding anything of a loud, bright color. 

  Things I noticed that are definitely in fashion right now:  frilly shirts, pale colors (like purples, pinks, some yellows), A LOT of greys, blacks and dark muted colors.  I may just not have ever noticed before, but almost the entire Ladies section was dark and a little drab as far as color.  It's getting cold out and soon it will snow and the weather will be drab enough for everyone.  Color is definitely needed during the colder months to bring in a little bit of brightness.

   During my shopping spree (I had a gift card from my birthday), I ended on only two items.  A pair of new wedge heeled winter-ish boots (which I could wear FOREVER! So cute! So comfy!) and an amazing blanket sweater of greys, oranges and yellows and generally out of my budget.  Also, this sweater was only left in the size XL, apparently popular, and I can see why.  It is luxuriously soft, it reminds me of a soft blanket I passed up in Ireland.

   I will be comfortable all fall and winter in this.

   In final news: Come and see the MN Princesses & Co. in the Anoka Halloween Parade! Main Street in Anoka, 1:00 pm Saturday, Oct 29th!

No comments:

Post a Comment