Monday, September 26, 2011

Matrinmony Monday: Illusion Necklines


  A popular look for the Spring 2012 wedding line is the Illusion Neckline.  Sheer, elegant and modest, this look could revolutionize the wedding gown industry for the next year, eliminating the strapless gown or at least providing a wider array of options for a more elegant look.

  Brides.com has an article on the wave of Illusion Neckline dresses throughout the Spring 2012 collections, the photo above being just one example (Designed by Reema Acra) of the collection of dresses they chose to advertise.

  As a designer and dress maker, I love what this addition does to a very simple design. I had something similar with my wedding gown last year with my sheer v-neck tulle straps. 

  The best word I can think of to describe the Illusion Neckline is Elegant, which is what I believe every wedding gown should be.  A wedding gown, in my opinion, should not be too showy, revealing or sexy, save that for the wedding night.  Shine in your wedding gown and embrace wearing something you can't every day, and take a chance on a unique, elegant design, you might find a feeling of luxuriousness that you didn't expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment