Thursday, July 15, 2010

Life, the Universe and Everything

So, the CONveregence masquerade did not go how I'd envisioned it. :( Our group didn't win anything and I worked well over two months solid on these costumes for this single purpose. However, the costumes photographed beautifully (photo below by Scott Traczyk off of Flickr)! Our skit was dead on ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnNfVZKmpmg )! We did a fantastic job, the best year yet (aside from the awards part...)!


Next year, the plan is the masquerade scene from the Labyrinth. However, someone mentioned the idea of belly dancing disney princess' and I LOVE this idea. Anyone interested in that? Maybe next year might be too soon, being that we did regular disney princess' in 2009 for the masq. But I have more ideas for the latter skit.

For those of you wanting me to make you costumes, let me know asap, cause I may get pretty busy in the next year!

Anyways, now that CONvergence is finished for the year, I should probably get to work on my WEDDING DRESS! I finished the pattern this evening, took apart the mock up and laid it out to get an idea of how much fabric I need for the skirt, lining and flat lining of the dress. Two yards more than I thought for each! Now I need a total of 14 yards! Let's hope I can find some decent and reasonably priced ivory silk at SR Harris!

I am in love with my dress and I am really excited (and nervous..) to start working on it.

Now for some awesome news! I have been offered a stitcher job at the Opera for the season! I am sooooo happy! I get to start work there in August, right after I finish my current build for the Chanhassen!

I'm a little sad that I may not be working on Jesus Christ Superstar at the Chan in the winter, but a steady job will be so nice! And I'll probably get to go back the Chan next summer when the Opera is in their off season (For HAIRSPRAY! So cool!)

I love my job :)

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you about the opera. I can't wait to see the progress you make on your wedding dress. It's coming so fast. I need to start looking for a MOB dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHH! You got the opera!! You keep living the DREAM, you crazy-talented wild-child!

    ReplyDelete