Friday, April 23, 2010

Masquerade work!

Sailor Jupiter is finished, on time and sent out. I'll post final pictures some other time. Right now, I am updating on my current many projects, starting with COVergence Costumes.

I am hard to work on the costumes from Hocus Pocus, starting with Winnifred Sanderson's jacket. The jacket is not only velvet, but hand painted. I ended up using stretch velvet bcause of the color and sheen. Also, the stretch velvet is synthetic and doesn't have a poor reaction to being ironed or washed.

I made my own stencils based on the original jacket. Unfortunately, getting decent images was very difficult, so most of the symbols just looked like balls of yellow, but I think the stencils I made worked really well. I used regular fabric paint, FolkArt brand. I was a bit worried because fabric paint tends to work better on natural fibers, but the paint soaked through, dried and I already heat pressed it.

Here is the front:
Here is the back:
Here are the sleeves:
Still a lot of work to do, but it's a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment