Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sailor Jupiter- Post 1

I am currently working on an adorable Sailor Jupiter costume for my friend's little sister. Anime Detour is approaching quickly, so the pressure to complete the costume is on! I've gotten pretty far and I'd like to show my progress...

This is Sailor Jupiter :)

Here is my fabric (the green as actually much brighter than the camera lets on)

Here is my pattern, which has been completely altered to fit the right seams and shapes

Observe

Because there is a seam on Jupiter's costume, I split the pattern under the bust. The pattern has been readjusted to fit my friend and length added to the waist. Plus, I curved the front and back down a bit to reach a small point. I then removed the bust dart because I am using a 4-way stretch lycra to build the top, a dart is unneeded.




Tada!
Next Step: Puffy Sleeves, Fuku and Waist Piping

No comments:

Post a Comment