Wednesday, July 18, 2012

CONvergence 2012

Here we go! Finally, an update!

CONvergence 2012 was a great year! I feel as though my inner (and outer) geek wants more, more, MORE!

As far as hallway cosplay, I went simple, and very glad I did, as I am expecting a baby come December.  Rose Tyler? I think so! *picture pending...* The jacket actually hid my baby bump quite a bit.

Otherwise, we learned that Belly Dancing Disney Princesses become very popular! The one little girl who was still awake at 10:00pm once the Masquerade let out couldn't pull herself away from Ariel.


We actually won an award for our hard work (and rockin' outfits!) and I couldn't be happier! Workmanship Honorable Mention! As a professional costumer, getting recognized for workmanship feels wonderful, and we were really in it just to have a good time! (I know everyone says that, but after not winning for a couple of years, you really have to make it about the fun and not about the glory :))


The hand-beaded details on each dance outfit are different and made for that specific character (everyone did their own beading- so proud!):
 Aurora- Spindle Designs
Cinderella- Pumpkin Leaves
Jasmine (Me)- Designs from the Magic Carpet
Ariel- Fishy Designs
Rapunzel- Rapunzel's Wall Art Designs
Belle- Rose Design

Costume Credits:
Inspired by Disney (of course)
Designed by Lea R
Costuming Lead- Ally G (me)
Costumes made by all of us- Ally, Lea, Sarah (Moondoggy), Mariel, Lauren and Kat

Want to watch our performance? Go Here! The Arabian Nights of CONvergence 2012 Masquerade!

Next year, I am planning baby costumes and no masquerade plans are in my future. But I went out with the best group ever and we rocked the con!

I shall leave you with Jasmine and her (my) baby bump:


*Top Right Photo from the City Pages CONvergence Article (where you can see my wig!)
**Top Left and Bottom photos are by Moments Shared Photography - The fantastic photographers at CONvergence 2012 (and previous years).

No comments:

Post a Comment