Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Hunger Games

Not only was the movie fantastic in almost every aspect, but the costumes were positively drool worthy.  I could talk for a long time about how I love all of the outfits in this film, however, for this post I will pick my favorites and give my thoughts.

Judianna Makovsky designed the costumes, and incidentally also did the costumes for the first Harry Potter film (which I preferred rather than the later films- costume wise). Wow.. what could have been if they had kept her on...

Katniss

I love the details on this simple dress.  This is a very nice outfit in District 12, dull in comparison to Effie's flamboyant color.  The gathering on the shoulders of this dress make it, to me, irresistible.

The fire scene was great! I had already guessed that the flames would be CG, but the jumpsuits that both Katniss and Peeta are wearing are stunning in themselves.  The corset waist on Katniss was just the right call, her waist and hips showed off a very flattering frame.


This costume, though not very elaborate and one I could not find a good picture of, was probably my favorite in the movie.  It was a billowy, yellow top with black (?) pants.  Katniss wore this the night before going into the arena.  The shirt gives off a sad sort of warmth, but very pretty. It is an outfit I would love to have for myself.

Effie


What can I say? Everything Effie wore was elaborate, colorful and flawless.  Her makeup was very intricate and I loved every bit of it.  Not only was she noticeable in every scene, Effie's style has inspired couture lines. (Check out Capitol Couture).  Also, if you love Effie's and the Capitol's shoe style, check out This Site which can help you find some of your very own.

I can't wait to see this movie again.  Makovsky did fabulous work in bringing Collins' vision to the big screen in every thread that was woven.

No comments:

Post a Comment